How should I deal with my wife’s tetania/hormonal imbalance outbursts?
Basically the title.
I’m having issues with dealing with my wife’s hormonal imbalance and tetania outbursts.
What happens is that out of nowhere, some things being said randomly trigger her and she proceeds to be openly hostile and aphatetic towards me, while being highly irrational about the whole situation.
The thing is that these episodes are really random and aren’t based on any rational thinking, it’s like she makes up a completely ridiculous story in her mind that’s not true at all, and no matter what I say or do, she won’t change her mind.
I am really trying to be as supportive as possible, giving her space and not being hostile towards her even though she says horrible things to me, but overall I don’t really know how to deal with this situation on my own, it’s leaving me completely sad and constantly thinking about it, which is disrupting my daily tasks etc.
How should I cope with this? I am really afraid she will do something bad and irrational eventually out of nowhere, as such things happened before.
The thing is, I am pretty sure that her medications for the hormonal imbalance aren’t well prescribed and should be changed as they leave her in depression almost constantly, however she doesn’t wanna hear about changing them, visiting a therapist or anything.
It’s like she set in her mind that she has to suffer and this is common, while trying anything to help the situation isn’t worth it.
Also, it’s maybe worth mentioning that when such an episode randomly happens, it takes at least several days for her to get back to (more or less) normal, so it’s not just a small time scale thing, but sometimes takes even a week of being constantly shunned and degraded by her..
It sounds like you are the nearest available target whenever your wife has these episodes, & there is nothing you can say that will improve the situation since she refuses to listen.
You obviously want to do the right thing for her, which is wonderful. But this is costing you in terms of psychological & emotional well-being. I'm wondering what is the point in your staying married to her, as neither of you is benefiting & you're consistently getting the worst of it.