Have to get out of my own Way
Hello I have to get out of my own way, and out of Harms way. While I work in recovery, I know I am the cause of all of my shortcomings. I just can't seem to stop myself once the need to attach myself to someone begins. I go through a lot, I find it difficult to be alone, but I find myself alone all the time except for chatting. The men in my family were all pessimists, beligerant, arrogant and possesive. I am looking to start therapy here, but dont know if I can afford it. If there is a therapist who can work With UHC I am really looking to go basically pro bono, with what I can afford. I dont feel my issues are dependence, and yet I am constantly seeking approval. I spend a lot of time trying to figure it out, what drives me to do what I do, and submit my will, and how and why I always lead myself to dread, fear, and fatal attraction. Comment if you please.
@WendyPeer2 Hello, I just want to say that you are not the cause of your struggles. The things you’ve been through, the influences around you, and the patterns that were ingrained in you are not your fault. Healing is hard, and recognizing these patterns, like you’re doing, is already a huge step forward.
I hear how painful it is to feel alone while also longing for connection. You deserve relationships that feel safe, fulfilling, and reciprocal.
I truly hope you’re able to find affordable therapy. Please be kind to yourself 💜