What is the difference between spirituality and mindfulness or meditation?

3 Answers.
Newest Answer
EmunahHere
Spirituality concerns matters that transcend the physical/material world, such as the "soul" or "spirit" while mindfulness, by its definition, does not. While one can be a mindful person and a spiritual person, mindfulness simply means paying attention to the present moment, on purpose, non-judgmentally. One can be mindful, observing their surroundings in the present moment, without being spiritual (believing in something outside of the physical/material world).
Recent Answers
luminousPup56
For me, spirituality is more about connecting to a higher power, even if that higher power is somehow inside of us? Wheras mindfulness and meditation are more about the natural man (person), but I'm not an expert on either of those.
neptne
January 2nd, 2018 1:30am
Spirituality can mean many different things to many different people. For my sister, who places her beliefs in the power of the body, mind, and soul, meditation is a huge part of her spirituality, but what makes it not just meditation is her faith and practice to secure her faith.