Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need advice on how to accept loving solitude and ignore the noise from others about being the “social being” society expects from us

User Profile: Artist7048
Artist7048 September 29th, 2025

Just a little bit about what I’m experiencing.


So far in my life, I’ve experienced repeated rejections/exclusions/being ignored and being yelled at and being told what to do (to the point I cry and my heart starts beating fast) by my peers and they would even glare at me when I am around them. It’s wild now as an adult who thought things would change after childhood.


I know that we come from different worlds, so it’s okay if you don’t relate. I’m not here for that. I’m here to receive advice if you have any based on the title of this thread.

1
User Profile: RedWell
RedWell October 2nd, 2025

@Artist7048

There was a very famous singer, I forgot who it was, who had read though his youtube comments, about what people thought of his song. He gave an interview and he talked about why he doesn't read reviews anymore. "If their comments is really hateful, it's really about who they are. If they cheer you, it's also really really about who they are." You deserve kindreds, and they are really actually out there, and it's so hard (I've gotten isolated at times due to the small number of people who I saw every day being negative energy suckers who were critical of everything I did), but keep meeting new people. I'm a big fan of right before you go to sleep, imagine a vivid 10 second scene, hugging a future friend, they are just as relieved that they finally found YOU.  They are praying to find you today, and so sick of their negative company, hoping that you exist. Picture that 10 second scene 10 times in a row when you're getting sleepy, just running to you with a big hug, finally someone they trust, 10 times. Do that for 40 days. Maybe its a prayer, maybe your subconscious just starts making it so. I'm really sorry, you asked for a different kind of advice. But my honest advice is don't let a few lousy people, and it's true maybe 98% of people are pretty lousy, but the 2% are really trying to find each other, and really really worth it. And you are really really worth it!! It took alot to leave the lousy people in my life behind, but if I can do it, you certainly can 💪