36 divorcee in new relationship but parents are struggling to accept my life
I am torn between two life's. I left an abusive relationship which parents were happy with at the age of 36. I left due to meeting someone else and was checked out of the marriage years prior. Kept the new relationship private moved back home. Parents blackmailed me to try and end my new relationship when they found out threatening looking after my dog or use of the car if I wanted to continue seeing this guy. Then once they didn't work they used emotional control crying and stating it making them ill they can't eat or sleep so had to hide the relationship for the better knowing I didn't want to do that. All came to light 6 months later, parents have asked me to choose them on new partner and if I choose partner they don't want part of my life. said if I also rent they will remove me from their wills. Then they now asking me to end all other friendships and start a fresh. They are wanting me to go back to when I was 17 before I left home. I am torn from my happiness and living my life to making sure that they are happy. I tried to say how I feel or felt during my childhood but it all just turned out that I'm the problem and also I've caused the problem of them being isolated where no one talks to them or sees them
@fearlessGrapes155
I'm sorry the marriage was abusive 😔🩷
I get that you love your parents but ultimately you need to do what's right for you.
They really have no right to tell you what to do and to manipulate you in this way.
It's your life.
I don't understand the reason behind them being so over the top with your decisions 💙

I'm an only child and my ex did all he could do they weren't part of my life and they just don't want to see me get hurt again but instead of letting me learn and grow they holding me back
@fearlessGrapes155
I understand they love you and want the best for you, but giving you ultimatums is not helping 💙
So today I have been asked again to make a choice between my new partner and my parents. Told if I don't change I will loose my parents. Made to feel like my relationships outside of my parents affects their emotions more than should and that my relationships are dictating how my parents live their lifes