Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dreams - weird, wild, funny, calming, scary, etc. - describe a recurring dream you've had and what you think it means

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 January 29th, 2019

Hi everyone,

We have all had dreams. Someone asked for a forum thread to be added so we can talk about our dreams. All of the weird, wild, funny, calming, scary, etc - describe a recurring dream you've had and what you think it means. Please be reminded to keep within 7cups guidelines.

Here is a DBT link about Nightmare Protocol, Step by Step When Nightmares Keep You from Sleeping. Click here

@24963534 @1Marg1 @agreeableZebra7523 @amiablePeace77 @AmusingJet302 @Aspace4u @bestplum1189 @BeyondTheInvisible @Bigvalleyrob @BlueSkyDay1911 @bogartfan @Brokenhearted @carefreeheart57 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @convivialBlueberry6200 @DanaMH @chickadee123 @decisiveTangerine1372 @easyBalloon5468 @empathicForest15 @exuberantAvocado5095 @faithlove1111 @fearlessPine2167 @FlowerLily23 @funkygirl @Glorene @gracie2303 @greenpear8830 @GuardianAngel77 @GusteeMoon123 @GustyOne4U @Help0ver5OAnxietyorManicBiPolar @inventivehouse2965 @January1963 @joliver1967 @JolivetteListens @kittycat15 @Lauren63 Lolowise475 @LumenEssense @Maryvs @mellisendis @MistyMagic @MissPen @MusicCandy @mutter3 @Nova101 @Novalis4u @OffMyTrack @pamharley003 @passionateWheel1397 @PaytonGlover @pinkPapaya7701 @Pixielou44 @purplehairedone @quietSail6485 @pinkPapaya7701@rainbowsage5 @redGrapefruit5314 @RenaeListens @richyShiny39 @Roger57 @Roxy0007 @ScarletLand3247 @scarletSpring3133 @Shycat542 @sincereHemlock2665 @SmileAtWill @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @Texgal0869 @Tom444 @Tish1982 @Tyedyedbutterfly @vh @wittyNest2941 @what @worthystruggle @Zengrl

26
User Profile: quietCloud22
quietCloud22 January 29th, 2019

Thanks, Dana! Dana and I were just talking in another thread about our mutually recurring dream of loose and falling out teeth. Anyone else have dreams like these and any guesses as to what they mean?

@DanaMH

User Profile: MissPen
MissPen January 29th, 2019

this is an interesting topic. Lately I've had two different occurancs of reoccuring dreams -

Right after Christmas I dreamed for five nights in a row about one of my friends. In each dream we were doing something different, most of them revolved around travel. They were extremely vivid. I think they come from me needing a vacation.

The second reoccurring dreams involved a person that i used to work with that i haven't seen in years, but we still keep up from time to time via social media. In each dream we were working on a project that was going really well and having a good time.In those dreams i felt very successful. Maybe an indication that I'm missing that in my waking life.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 29th, 2019

That could be. A vacation sounds like a great idea.


@MissPen

load more
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 30th, 2019

I have a recurring dream where I am going over a bridge and it keeps getting steeper and steeper until I wake up.it is a scary dream as I dont like heights. I think it means that theres something up that I dont want to deal with.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 30th, 2019

That would be scary.


@Lauren63

load more
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 30th, 2019

Here is a DBT link about Nightmare Protocol, Step by Step When Nightmares Keep You from Sleeping. Click here

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 30th, 2019

@DanaMH. Sorry I tried to read it, too small. Sorry

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 30th, 2019

Maybe you can use the computer at the library or work or somewhere or print it out to read it better if you are using your phone.


@Lauren63

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 31st, 2019

@DanaMH I have a laptop, just dont use it much.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 31st, 2019

I had a Windows update last night and OMG didn't have a scroll bar and everything was so bright today. When I got home the laptop was normal.


@Lauren63

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 31st, 2019

@DanaMH just so much easier using my phone or IPad.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Offmytrack
Offmytrack January 30th, 2019

I barely have dreams, and tend to forget them by the time I get up in the morning. I wouldn't know if any of them repeated, but I don't think they have. I used to have repeating dreams when I was younger, but I have forgotten them.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 30th, 2019

I forget a lot of my dreams that when I do wake up in the middle of the night also. A lot of nights I don't dream either.


@Offmytrack

User Profile: shyCat542
shyCat542 January 31st, 2019

Hi offtrack. Your text about dreams is exactly how I feel. Thanks for validating

load more
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 31st, 2019

I have very vivid dreams and sometimes sci-fi ones. I

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 31st, 2019

This sounds like it is going to be some good stuff to read.


@Zengrl

load more
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl February 1st, 2019

So last nights dream:

Was taking some sort of IQ test and finished ok. I scored a 209, but I was nervous because I didnt know whether it was good or bad.

Clearly related to my concern of going to grad school.

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 February 1st, 2019

@Zengrl. I won

User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl February 1st, 2019

@Lauren63 Sorry, haven

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 February 1st, 2019

@Zengrl. I wont make anything harder for you. I just wanted to know how you were. I hope you feel better soon. TC.

User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl February 1st, 2019

@Lauren63 Thanks for checking in on me. :) My back is a little better and I

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: quietCloud22
quietCloud22 February 1st, 2019

@Zengrl

I've also dreamed that I was taking an impossible test, or performing on stage without knowing the script - and they feel so real until you wake up!

load more
User Profile: caringPanda45
caringPanda45 February 23rd, 2019

woke up from a dream thinking "Joy? Jodi? Oh yes Jodi Piccoult! That's X's favourite author." 10 Minutes later, knock on the door, and parcel from X with a novel by Jodi Piccoult inside for my birthday.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP February 23rd, 2019

@caringPanda45

That was a nice present that you received.

load more
User Profile: MsBrownieBee
MsBrownieBee March 18th, 2019

I often dream I'm walking past a row of public toilets. One will be broken, another one is nasty, the next is in use...on and on it goes as I search for a clean, working toilet. The research I've done says I'm looking for a place to dump my toxic feelings.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP March 18th, 2019

@MsBrownieBee

That is cool they have research out there that explains it and now you can make a goal to work on it.

load more