Lived Experiences Heard: Real Voices, Real Change (World Mental Health Day 2026)

At 7 Cups, we believe that sometimes, one of the most meaningful things you can do for someone is simply listen. To make space for their feelings, let them share their story at their own pace, and remind them that they don't have to figure everything out alone.
Everyone experiences life differently, and we never know the full story behind what someone is going through. A little empathy, a judgment-free conversation, or having someone who genuinely listens can make a difference.
This World Mental Health Day, let's celebrate the power of being heard and remember that every lived experience deserves to be taken seriously.
💬 Here are three simple questions to reflect on today:
1. What do you wish others understood about how you feel?
2. What helps you feel truly heard and supported?
3. How can you make someone feel safe enough to share their story?
Feel welcome to share your thoughts in the replies.
Whether you are a member, listener or leader - we have all listened and show up, every day. Thank you for being part of this community
@SoulfullyAButterfly
I hope i make people feel safe enough to tell their story by telling my own story and offering my strength and hope.
@SoulfullyAButterfly
1. What do you wish others understood about how you feel?
While I'm capricious and fickle, I'm still someone who is dependable. 😀
2. What helps you feel truly heard and supported?
Just be present. You don't even have to speak. Just listen and be there at the times I really need.
3. How can you make someone feel safe enough to share their story?
By giving them a safe place with me to just vent and be vulnerable without having to worry about being judged.
@SoulfullyAButterfly
Love this. Thank you for sharing.
1) I wish more people understood that I can be going through a bad situation, and I still need positivity or I can be too discouraged to get up.
2) It helps me to feel truly heard and supported when people just let me vent and don't try to tell me why my solutions are going to fail. Or try to discourage me.
3 You can make someone feel safe enough to share their story by being calm when approaching them and making sure they know that how they feel is valid, and make sure you ooze empathy.
@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you for making this post ❤️🥰
