Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cast your vote ! Saving messages in chats & rooms!

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 12th, 2017

Hello Community,

I am here to ask for your feedback on an important topic: messages saved in every 1-1 chat. Many of you have long asked for more saved messages in your conversations and up till now, we have saved only the previous 10 messages in every conversation. This was for anonymity and storage reasons.

However, we are moving over to a new tool that will allow us to store and retrieve messages much more efficiently. As it can be frustrating to lose messages, this tool will allow us to do that. Hooray! Instead of saving messages by count, we will be able to save them by time.

Note: You would still be able to clear the chat log at any time.

This would also allow us the ability to increase the amount of time group support messages are saved.

So here is what we need to know from you! How long would you like to see your messages in a chat or group support to save for before they are automatically deleted?

Please vote on this idea here!

PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 18th

222
User Profile: goodGrapefruit1822
goodGrapefruit1822 December 16th, 2017

I really don

User Profile: Compassion21
Compassion21 December 16th, 2017

Idk if the vote was made but i think memebers should be able to choose to delete chats

User Profile: HappyLifeOldSoul
HappyLifeOldSoul December 17th, 2017

@Laura, Chat delete should be in user's control.

User Profile: Recalibrate
Recalibrate December 17th, 2017

I think this would be a great tool for an advanced listener that's proven they have the best intentions at heart. I would propose that novice listeners could take notes and progress without having all the chat history at thier disposal handed to them. The realitiy of it is anyone can copy the chats, screenshot or find a way to save what they want from the conversation now albeit a hassle. Now say a listener has a good rating or there are certain checkmarks in place then that would show some initiative that they aren't going to use anything maliciously or happhazerdly without some experience. It could also give new listerns some motivation to improve on thier listening skills as a perk.

User Profile: WishfulThinking008
WishfulThinking008 December 17th, 2017

I think they should only be able to be saved/deleted from one side

User Profile: straightforwardShade7829
straightforwardShade7829 December 18th, 2017

@WishfulThinking008 Hello.

User Profile: WishfulThinking008
WishfulThinking008 December 19th, 2017

@straightforwardShade7829

Hello... Do I know you?

load more
load more
User Profile: inventiveThinker3104
inventiveThinker3104 December 17th, 2017

The last 6 months, at least 😂😂

User Profile: charmingBeauty55
charmingBeauty55 December 17th, 2017

I think last one week is fine... I will go with one week

User Profile: BetterHalf
BetterHalf December 17th, 2017

@charmingBeauty55

some venters chat and appear after weeks.
I think instead of limiting it by a time period, limit it to the number of messages that can be saved. say 1000/2000 messages. or something like it.
if the privacy of the venter is at stake that if someone might get a hang of their account, save the chat only on the listener's side because that's mainly our issue cause we talk to many venters and it's hard to remember who said what.

User Profile: charmingBeauty55
charmingBeauty55 December 21st, 2017

Agreed@BetterHalf

load more
load more
User Profile: Ryanx
Ryanx December 17th, 2017

I vote that you're able to save them. How ever long you want to. I regret not seeing an earlier chat I had last year with someone

User Profile: resourcefulbear6750
resourcefulbear6750 December 17th, 2017

I vote that you're able to save them for at least a week.

User Profile: MarvoliartyListens
MarvoliartyListens December 17th, 2017

Not really a fan of the idea, but if they are a user with an account, maybe there should be some kind of notes section where we can summarize what we discussed last