Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cast your vote ! Saving messages in chats & rooms!

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 12th, 2017

Hello Community,

I am here to ask for your feedback on an important topic: messages saved in every 1-1 chat. Many of you have long asked for more saved messages in your conversations and up till now, we have saved only the previous 10 messages in every conversation. This was for anonymity and storage reasons.

However, we are moving over to a new tool that will allow us to store and retrieve messages much more efficiently. As it can be frustrating to lose messages, this tool will allow us to do that. Hooray! Instead of saving messages by count, we will be able to save them by time.

Note: You would still be able to clear the chat log at any time.

This would also allow us the ability to increase the amount of time group support messages are saved.

So here is what we need to know from you! How long would you like to see your messages in a chat or group support to save for before they are automatically deleted?

Please vote on this idea here!

PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 18th

222
User Profile: nibbler
nibbler December 16th, 2017

I find it incredibly valuable to look over past conversations. It provides great context for the listeners and it helps members see their progress.

Of course, everyone should have the option to delete their chats if they so choose, but if space/performance aren't an issue, I'd love to have all my chats saved indefinitely.

I'll also second something others have mentioned. Given that some users go long stretches between sessions, if there has to be some limits on chat storage, I'd rather it be size-based/chronological rather than expire on a time limit.

User Profile: TortillaSunrise
TortillaSunrise December 16th, 2017

Could be useful, I think it would be great to be able to save messages.

User Profile: AbigailM83
AbigailM83 December 16th, 2017

I think that the member/guest should be able to decide if their chat could be saved by the listener only. So, assure the member that it is only for their listener to see and reflect on when for they reconnect. Great idea, hope we can make some good progress!

User Profile: secretJackfruit7475
secretJackfruit7475 December 16th, 2017

Is there a poll where we are casting our votes on this issue? I'm certainly not seeing it.. or am I missing something?

User Profile: NowisRebirth
NowisRebirth December 16th, 2017

I would really prefer it of the chats doesn't disappear after a while, i really like to check up on people and see if they made progress and if i helped

User Profile: turquoiseLion745
turquoiseLion745 December 16th, 2017

I agree - I also want to keep the chats saved

load more
User Profile: bunnypants
bunnypants December 16th, 2017

@Laura hey so you know i love this site and you and krinkypoo and kate but let me just say i am $&(*ing thrilled that this feature has already been implemented before the vote is even over :\

User Profile: Pandakiss
Pandakiss December 16th, 2017

I agree; it should be to the discretion of the member. If he/she decides to delete the chat then they can. No one else should have control over it nor should it get deleted automatically. Although I feel the members should be informed about this so they are aware when they start the chat. This would give them more of an open space and liberty to discuss their thoughts more freely.

User Profile: Coolmaverick
Coolmaverick December 16th, 2017

It should be members decision..automatically deleting.. isn't good...as sometimes...a member and listener get to have a good connection.. and member may wish to reconnect whenever he/she needs in future... saving chats would help ..but give deleting chats right to members

User Profile: WhiteTulip11
WhiteTulip11 December 16th, 2017

Delete everything

User Profile: WhatsBugginYa
WhatsBugginYa December 16th, 2017

I agree with those who feel that deleting should be in the control of members.

If messages were to auto-delete, members should at least be able to star certain important messages so that they'd be saved indefinitely (until deleted by choice).