The role of empathy in conflict resolution. Grudges they SUCK but heres the real impact you can make from withholding it.
You know that feeling when you really hold a grudge against someone? For me, emotional intelligence isn’t about hating someone—it’s honestly something I find hard to do. I struggle with that, but I do enjoy reading people—seeing their emotions, understanding their traits—and I often find myself saying the right thing at the right time. Sometimes it makes a difference; other times, not so much. Interestingly, people I don’t like tend to do the opposite, which can be pretty frustrating—especially when their communication skills are lacking. I get where they’re coming from and why they might act that way, but staying out of gossip instead of offering genuine insight can be really exhausting. It makes me wonder—why should I show my strength and maturity if they never seem to, never apologize, and just don’t exhibit the same traits I value? If they don't stand up in courage, why should I care?
Well let me tell you this, its about finding common ground, sometimes our biggest strengths can be our biggest weaknesses, me being aware, can make me an anchor, and whilst this may seem overwhelming, in hindsight, their the exact role model they might look up to, yes they might of not apologized but the way you handle it, is how they will notice your achievements and let them grow and bring them up. Empathy is more than just rewards—it's about truly listening, learning, and adjusting. That’s what servant leadership is all about, and that’s why I joined 7 Cups today. It’s not just to make people feel heard, but to leave a lasting impact! Words that resonate and help others grow. Sometimes, adaptability is what we need most. Some folks can be a bit stubborn and difficult to connect with, but even the hardest rock can be broken down. Like water gently carving through cracks, patience and understanding can turn stubbornness into a nourishing flow. Make a difference by offering a kind, compassionate ear; even if someone doesn’t seem to like you. Sometimes, you have to be the bigger person, especially when it’s tough; that’s what truly counts. You can get it right, you dont have to be right by spreading rumors but like rules of life: soft on the person & hard on the problem.
@LizzieIsCoolio
Soft on the person but hard on the problem.
That's perfectly put 💕💜
Thanks for sharing.
Adaptability is something I'm working on, a wise person told me recently, even if others are rude and it's human to react and say something inappropriate, stick to your own moral guidelines and not gettted dragged down by someone else's 💕
@LizzieIsCoolio
Thank you for sharing this content!