ADHD meds
I’ve been trying different ADHD meds, and the hardest part for me has been how disconnected they can make me feel from the people around me. Sometimes I feel like I’m there physically, but not really there almost like a ghost.
They do help me focus, which is the main positive I’ve noticed, but I hate feeling like talking and connecting with people takes way more effort than it normally does. I’m still trying to figure out what works for me, but it’s frustrating having to choose between feeling more focused and feeling more like myself socially.
Has anyone else experienced something like this while trying ADHD meds?
@OpenEarsOpenHeart2025
Dear Beloved,
Please discuss these symptoms with your doctor. It could be an effect of the medicines. Not everyone goes through identical symptoms. Everyone’s body responds differently to different medicines.
Hi @OpenEarsOpenHeart2025
It's so frustrating when meds don't work the way we needed them to. I want you to know that you're not alone in managing the side effects of ADHD medication and trying to figure out what will be best for you <3
Like Supporturself00 said it's important to talk these things through with your medical provider, mainly because they'll be able to make any changes if necessary but also because ADHD medication is not a one size fits all thing.
It sounds like you're getting some benefits from the medication but it's costing you in other ways. Trust that what you feel is important to you is what's most important. I hope you find a balance, acceptance or comfort with your meds.
Hang in there!
🌟 Joy 🌟