Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm being moved from the house I've lived in for almost 30 years, leaving me shattered.

User Profile: LostSoul450
LostSoul450 January 24th, 2024

I just want to stress that no, I am not being thrown out onto the street or anything like that. You see, my mother died about 6 years ago now. We moved into our house when I was about 4 years old, and I have been living in the same house ever since. I have come to see this house as basically my family home. I love it here and I love the neighborhood as well because it is so peaceful. I am surrounded by many very friendly retired and/or elderly families and throughout my entire time living here, almost nothing unsavory has ever happened on my street.

However, the thing is, my house is a three-bedroom house so ever since my mother passed on, I have been classified as being over-housed. They warned me back then as well that I would eventually have to be moved so I really have no excuse. It's just that, I have only ever moved from a household once in my entire life. Not to mention again I've grown very attached to this house over the course of 30 years. They did say that they would be putting me in a one-bedroom apartment of my choosing so I won't be left out to dry.

I have Social Anxiety you see, and it's been getting the best of me ever since I got the news. Even though I knew this was coming, when it actually happens it is extremely anxiety inducing. I worry about the new place I'll end up in and the crime rates for other areas and it scares me. I have a sister that will help me pick out a good spot, but still, having to leave after all this time is just an extremely emotional experience. If I could, I would stay in this same household until I also passed on, but sadly that is just not a realistic option. Any advice or words of comfort would be greatly appreciated.

1
User Profile: jakii
jakii January 25th, 2024

@LostSoul450 hello lostsoul, first of all i would like to express my gratitude and pray for god to gift heavens to your mothers soul, may she rest in peace. look my dear friend, we all through life make memories in places or situations that makes these places more appealing to us and comfortable, when we sometimes even go to the supermarket we start to feel uncomfortable and wanna go home again because thats our safe zone since young ages. having to break your comfort barrier and change a whole house and location isnt easy, but also staying in your comfort bubble can only limits your social abilities and keep you in that same circle of not trying sometimes new. and remember going through new life decisions isnt fun or good. they are stressful and bad. but their results are amazing and very important . so keep going through this challenge and keep doing your best and dont let fears stop you from exploring further!