Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety in social gatherings and need to fill the silence

I feel like i am trying to look and behave normal and trying to fit in during gatherings and i am not me. Inside i am feeling kind of numb and at times i am shivering.

I feel the need to fill the silence during a conversation (one on one conversations with literally anyone).

are there any tricks that i can use in these situations.

1
User Profile: ScrabbleBrain
ScrabbleBrain July 1st

@impartialSpruce9948 I can relate, I dont feel comfortable in large groups.

I guess what you could try is carrying a drink or snacks around, if that's possible, so that if you feel anxious, you can sip and take a moment out, to say to yourself, 

OK I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I'm doing well, making small talk and mingling, maybe I'll step outside for a breather or move to a different part of the area..

I guess I would just keep a few random topics in mind, movies, food, holidays, general catchups.

Usually I search for someone else that's uncomfy aswell and we bond :)