Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you celebrate Halloween in the West?👻🎃🧛🏼

Hey everyone! 🎃👻 Let's talk about Halloween!
I am from India, and while we don't traditionally celebrate Halloween here, I am absolutely obsessed with it! I completely love the spooky vibes, the horror movies, the creepy stories, and the eerie aesthetic of the season. 🕷️🔮
Since I didn't grow up with the holiday, I am so curious to know how it actually feels to experience it. For those of you living in the West (or anywhere else that celebrates it): How do you celebrate Halloween?
I’d love to hear all about your traditions and personal rituals!
  • 🍬 What is trick-or-treating like in your neighbourhood? Do adults join in the fun?
  • 🪵 Do you do classic things like carving jack-o'-lanterns, visiting haunted houses, or hosting horror movie marathons?
  • 🧛‍♂️ What is your all-time favourite costume you’ve ever worn?
  • 🍂 What does the air feel like on October 31st where you live?
6

@cherishedMagic7425

We do not Trick or Treat in my section of the community. There are not any carved jack o lanterns here due to the wild life. Probably my favorite costume was a Pirate. There was a time that I enjoyed going to scary Haunted Houses.

1yJ7wGBU.gif


User Profile: cherishedMagic7425
cherishedMagic7425 OP 2 days ago

@caringShoulder1357 That's amazing.....


load more
User Profile: carefulEast6708
carefulEast6708 2 days ago

@cherishedMagic7425

My favorite part of our Halloween traditions is a camping trip to a state park. The campground goes all out for Halloween, with decorations everywhere. The park holds costume and site decoration contests, and some people go all out, building haunted houses out of tents and sheets, groups of skeletons poised around the campfire ring, graveyards, giant inflatable moving spiders.. in the late afternoon they have trick or treating and don't let cars into the campground. Hundreds of kids from all over the area come in costume, and go trick or treating through the campground.

My favorite costumes are the inflatable dinosaurs, and the themed group costumes. An entire family (and their dog) dressed up as characters from Mario Bros, for example.

User Profile: kindCar7261
kindCar7261 1 day ago

ہیلو

User Profile: kindCar7261
kindCar7261 1 day ago

ہیلو

User Profile: cherishedMagic7425
cherishedMagic7425 OP 22 hours ago

@kindCar7261 hello😊

load more