Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear of mice ruining my life

User Profile: srios1
srios1 October 12th, 2025

Found another mouse in a sticky trap this morning and I’m spiraling. I’m so scared I don’t know what to do right now. I couldn’t go back to sleep and I’m flinching at every little noise. My peace of mind is gone and I really don’t know what to do. I’m in therapy and I’m set to start exposure therapy soon, but what can I do in the meantime to combat this anxiety/fear?

2
User Profile: SkillfullMeans
SkillfullMeans October 12th, 2025

@srios1

I am so sorry you are going through this! ☹️

I can see.why you would feel jumpy, scared and spiraling.

Ideas about what to do while you are waiting for exposure thearpy. None of this.will solve it but maybe it will help take the edge off. 🌺

Anything that helps your nervous system relax. Guided meditation on utube, bedtime mediations, leaving the house, talking about it,.like you are.here. a Bath a walk. Anything that will help you feel comforted and taken care of, safe.

We had a mice.problem, we ended up using mice "hotels" they would go for food and the trap door would shut. This avoids the sticky glue and traps and.having to get close and get rid of the dead mouse. 

Wishing you the best with this. 🌼

User Profile: Priyapjw1
Priyapjw1 November 30th, 2025

@srios1I’m sorry you’re feeling so overwhelmed right now. It’s understandable to be shaken by this. In the meantime, try some grounding techniques like deep, slow breaths or focusing on your senses—name five things you can see, four you can touch, three you can hear, etc.—to help calm your mind. Creating a safe, comfortable space with calming music or a warm drink might also help soothe your anxiety. Remember, you’re taking important steps with therapy, and this feeling will pass. Would you like me to share more specific calming exercises you can use?