Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Nyctorachulophasmoseisotrophobia the Fear of Black Reflections, Mirrors in a dark room, Windows at night or Reflections in a dark room.

User Profile: Zetro
Zetro January 30th, 2021

I have a fear so bizarre I had to give it a name since there isn't a name for it. Ever since I was 5 years old I have had this Heart stopping fear of darks spaces in reflective surfaces. People say it's strange but it horrible for me. When ever I am in a dark room with a window or mirror I can't help but stare at it with an overwhelming feeling of Terror and nausea. When ever I'm in a dark room with a mirror I have to put a cover over it or I feel that something horrifying is gonna reflect or come out of it. This is in conjunction with my fears of Phasmophobia and Nyctophobia. Just that constant feeling like something is looking at me from the other side of that mirror or something starring at me that I cannot see myself really frightens me. I have always slept with the light on or under the covers because of this fear. I cannot stand or be in a room at night with a mirror or an uncovered window in it. I really struggle with this and I cannot seem to shake this fear. And for the last 15 years of my life I've had to take melatonin pills in order for me to even try to sleep. If anyone could offer some advice that would be amazing. If your wondering it's haft 4 in the morning and I am sitting under my covers because of a power cut because I cannot sleep without my bedroom light.

2
User Profile: Asher
Asher February 2nd, 2021

Thank you for sharing this with us here.

User Profile: pdesanta
pdesanta February 3rd, 2021

I'm not sure I will have good advice. Personally I would try and sit down and think about precisely what you're afraid to see then slowly take a part that fear with logic. I would suggest maybe even physically writing everything down. I'm sorry I dont have anything better to say. I dont want to advise wrong