Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Disabled sister sick...my dad has blood clots. Am I overprotective?

User Profile: tealCurrent9178
tealCurrent9178 December 22nd, 2021

My disabled sister is sick with a cold or something and my dad has health issues. Am I overprotective?

Recently we found out he has blood clots in his lungs. She does not understand and we all live in the same house. I asked her to were a mask when she is around him.

She is like a ten-year-old in her mind. She gets mad at me but told me if I got sick to not come home. She doesn't want to get covid. She is scared and does not understand everything.

My dad told her to please do not get him sick because it would make it hard on him. I love her, but she doesn't understand. Is asking her to wear a mask when around him too much? Am I wrong?

5
User Profile: halcyonCloud2036
halcyonCloud2036 December 22nd, 2021

@tealCurrent9178

I think you sound like an amazing sister and daughter. You care and want to keep everybody healthy and safe. That is not selfish at all!

I am wondering what if you tell your sister that wearing the mask will help keep her safe and healthy too (not just others)?

Sending you hugs❤️

2 replies
User Profile: tealCurrent9178
tealCurrent9178 OP December 24th, 2021

@halcyonCloud2036, thanks u will tell here that. Never thought of that. Thanks for the positive support. You have a great new year and holidays!

User Profile: tealCurrent9178
tealCurrent9178 OP December 24th, 2021

@halcyonCloud2036, I meant I will tell her. Auto correct on phones 🙃


You have a great new year!

load more
User Profile: somehelpfulwords
somehelpfulwords December 24th, 2021

@tealCurrent9178

Caring for everyone around you is a great quality of yours! Preparations and prevention against anything is always the first step in any recovery. I do hope both your sister and father gets well soon. Does your sister know that the mask protects not only her, but everyone else around her?

1 reply
User Profile: tealCurrent9178
tealCurrent9178 OP December 25th, 2021

@somehelpfulwords, Yes, but she has a hard time understanding why. I have to explain many times. She is starting to wear one. Thanks, Hope you have a very Merry Christmas 🎄

load more