Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear of mistakes and people screaming.

User Profile: Oliwia1950
Oliwia1950 October 29th, 2021

Hello everyone !

I have a question,so i realised that i have anxiety, and basically what happens is I get very streesed, anxious and scared when someone tells my to do something and I end up doing the task wrong, and then they usually tell me things like ,, you did this and that wrong etc." with visible irritation and anger and sometimes they raise they're voice at me which is very traumatic and when it happens my mind basically shuts down and the only thing i can think about is ,, do not cry and do not vomit". So therefore my question is how do you deal with that ?

I apologise for my english, it is not my native language

3
User Profile: fruityPond7887
fruityPond7887 November 1st, 2021

@Oliwia1950

Hi Oliwia! First, you are doing very well with your English! Great job!

I am sorry that you have been dealing with this anxiety from people yelling at you. I know it's not easy. Have you tried talking to them about how you have been feeling? Maybe communication would be good. I think another great way to help cope with the anxiety is to find things that bring you happiness. What do you like to do for fun? I hope this helps! We are always here for you!

User Profile: niceField4094
niceField4094 November 5th, 2021

hi Oliwia!

I agree with the first comment, you have excellent English!


I struggle with people correcting me less than nicely as well. One thing that helps me is to take deep breaths and calm down outside of the situation. Once you feel calm enough, as mentioned above, maybe clarifying with them what they expect from you and expressing how it affects you when they raise their voice. Sometimes people are simply not thinking about how they are affecting other people. And they may not know unless you tell them. Hang in there friend! And remember we all are doing our best and your best is good enough!

feel free to reach out and use the resources here on 7 cups they can be very helpful. Hope this helps! Cheers!

User Profile: TakeCare0910
TakeCare0910 November 6th, 2021

@Oliwia1950

Hello Oliwia, don't worry about your english. It's good! No one is born knowing everything.

It's very tough when somebody yells at us when we do something wrong. But as @fruityPond said before me, the best way is trying to talk with them about how do you feel.
Another thing that i can say to you. When somebody criticize you about your stuff, have you ever think about the positive thing that you can learn about that? Maybe, from everything, you can catch the positive thing. Do you yell at me about my works? Ok thank you, could you try to explain me where and when i make a mistake?
Stay safe,

Mango