Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel like I can't keep living the way I am

User Profile: shycat6136
shycat6136 July 12th, 2022

Hello, for about 3 years now I've been homebound because of my anxiety and fears... I am tired of living like this but I can't just go out in public. It makes me sad and mad that I'm unable to live a happy and normal life. I am just very afraid of embarrassment and what people will think of me... it just constantly replays in my head everyday, every hour, every minute. I want to just not care about how people will judge me in embarrassing situations but I just cant no matter how hard I try, I've tried getting help from a therapist and psychologist but nothing seems to be working. I'm extremely tired and hopeless, I want to be normal and happy again it is making me extremely depressed.

7
User Profile: kreature11
kreature11 July 12th, 2022

Ugh, I’m so so sorry. Feeling like that can really be so draining. I sympathize as I often feel similar. It’s a very lonely feeling. Constantly feeling stressed out about not being able to do things you are stressed out about will wear you down. Please try to just first be gentle with yourself. Try not to be hard on yourself that you just can’t do what others do. That will just make you feel worse.

my best advice is to just take a moment to let yourself off the hook for not being able to go out. Understand why it stresses you out and just be ok with it for a moment. It’s hard to overcome something when you are upset with yourself for it being a problem in the first place. Sometimes you just need to first learn to be kind to yourself. And that can be difficult in my personal experience. But the world will always be cruel. If we are kind to ourselves, and only look to ourselves for acceptance and feeling safe, the outside worlds opinion becomes less important.

stay strong ❤️

you’re not alone in these types of feelings.

1 reply
User Profile: shycat6136
shycat6136 OP July 12th, 2022

@kreature11 Thank you so much for understanding <3 Life is really hard when i'm feeling all alone and helpless but your kind words made my day better : ) you are a kind soul thank you <3


load more
User Profile: ioan489
ioan489 July 12th, 2022

@shycat6136 Same here. I've been homebound because of my anxiety, and now I'm trying to get a job, but I can't get myself going.

1 reply
User Profile: shycat6136
shycat6136 OP July 12th, 2022

@ioan489 I understand. I also want to get a job but can't. I hope things get better for you and lets try getting through this together <3 :D wishing you the best of luck !


load more
User Profile: kreature11
kreature11 July 12th, 2022

I medically lost all my hair. I spent many years locked inside out of embarrassment myself. As a young woman hair was always so important to one’s identity. I still struggle with it and do share these feelings with you.

its very hard to try to not care about other peoples judgements.

1 reply
User Profile: shycat6136
shycat6136 OP July 12th, 2022

@kreature11 I'm so sorry that must've been so hard :( I hope life is treating you better now because you deserve happiness <3

load more
User Profile: didreamerssystem
didreamerssystem July 15th, 2022

@shycat6136 As someone with health issues and also homebound, I can understand your situation. But just keep going and always reach out for help. Everything will be okay!