Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Im 14, male and in 8th grade, and I really dont know what to do about anxiety at school :(

User Profile: bubbleGlobe9682
bubbleGlobe9682 June 2nd, 2017

I havent had anxiety and attacks since the 5th grade and its happening again.

I'll start off by saying I have severe emetaphobia. I have not thrown up in almost 8 years. Now, at school, almost every day I'll have a panic attack that involves nausea. I hate it so much. Last week, when the coach was giving instirctions, i suddenly felt really weak and nauseated. I suddenly ran out, to the locker room, without warning and sat down to try to make myself feel better. When I did, i came back, and told the group that " i thought i had an orthodonost appointment, but it wasnt at this time. " Whats worse, is that my ex-best friend that I had a huge fight with in 6th grade, and his friend was there. That same day, we had to do an activity where we got in groups and walked around the school. On the walk, i got the same DAMN feeling again. My friends were trying to talk to me, and I was acting weird. I ran inside and up to the office so I could settle down. Again, made the excuse I had an orthodonist appt.

This happens alot during other periods too. I am always taking deep breaths to try to make myself feel better. Today, we had the 12 minute run. I thought I could do it, but Lo and Behold, another one happened. After only 1 lap, i said i had an orthodonist appt AGAIN, to avoid embarrassing myself, and ran back in. I walked in the hallways a bit until it left. I had to tell random people, and made sure my ex-best friend was nearby.

Also, a friend that I had to get close to yesterday, told me he had the stomach virus recently. That triggered so many panic attacks yesterday and today, worried I might get it, because he touched my shirt yesterday and today.

What doesnt make it better, is that in 15 days, I depart for a 7 day trip to DC. I am super nervous for this. Ugh. Thank you if you read all this, and since I didnt do it today, I have to take the 12 mintue run AGAIN tomorrow with a different class. :( sigh

4
User Profile: XtinaSunshine
XtinaSunshine June 2nd, 2017

@bubbleGlobe9682 I too struggled with anxiety in school and it is extremely tough. I would suggest following up with a doctor to see if we can find a solution medically since I'm not licensed, but I hope you find an ounce of comfort in the fact that most of us here have felt this way at one point or another. We can get through this!

User Profile: bubblyflower
bubblyflower June 2nd, 2017

@bubbleGlobe9682 I did a bit of research on Emetophobia so I could help you out. I would recommend seeing a counselor or therapist. Also some meditation. Meditaton could help you by taking your mind off things and calming you down. If you need someone to talk to through this, then feel free to message me.

User Profile: Liz2208
Liz2208 June 11th, 2017

Welcome! Im Lizzy and Im currently a trained listener and intern. I hope you find what you are looking for here in 7 Cups. Please feel free to message me whenever. I will usually reply within the day and if Im online, you should expect a reply straight away! I specialise in anxiety, panic attacks and loneliness mostly but you are always free to message me for other reasons!

https://www.7cups.com/15248074

User Profile: plumBlueberry9959
plumBlueberry9959 June 15th, 2017

Hey - that's tough.

I used to get really scared doing physical activity around the others kids in school. I hated it. It was the hardest part about school. In grade 5 and 6 I would get nose bleeds that stayed with me for hours, I would miss my next class.

I decided to take up a sport outside of school - I began snowboarding because our family lived close to a hill. I also took up skateboarding. I would put my headphones in and listen to punk music. It helped me a lot to feel in control of my own body and to let me be angry and physical at the same time. I still longboard all the time and it helps me feel confident and strong and like I am part of my city.

When I moved away to another city I started running to help me deal with my anxiety. I loved feeling in charge and running along the river parks. Maybe you could try going for a run around your neighbourhood or ask your parents to drive you to a neighbourhood park where you can run. Take it back for yourself and make it your own. Get some music that you love, shut everyone out and take back your own space. Just breathe through it and keep running.