Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think someone is triggering my anxiety and I'm not sure what to do

User Profile: Lirinswan
Lirinswan February 17th, 2019

(I'm so, so sorry if I make any mistake, English isn't my first language)

I've been dealing with social anxiety since I was 14 (I'm 21 now) and I can control it as long as I'm not pushed to do something I'm not ready for

A few weeks ago I downloaded Tinder as a little challenge for myself. I match with this guy and we start talking, we have many interests in common and he seems like such a nice dude, so we end up exchanging numbers. We talked over the phone pretty much every day (which is new, because phone calls are a nightmare for me) and everything was quite good until he starts to tell me to meet each other. See, I do want to meet him, but I don't want you to tell me at 11PM "I'm going to the beach tomorrow with my friends, come with us". First, it's too sudden for me, and second I'm already anxious to meet you, but your friends too?. He gets really pushy, asking why I don't want to go, that there's no point in keep talking if we won't meet, that the only way to stop being anxious is to face my fears (I vaguely explained my anxiety) that I won't go far in life if I don't push myself. And at that point, I began to panic. He says, ok, not tomorrow, but we'll go out Monday, and I said yes. I just wanted him to stop, and i thought that would be enough time to prepare myself. I hadn't had any panic attacks for 4 years, but since that day I've had 4. A part of me is begging me not to go, but i don't know if it's just my anxiety playing me. What should I do? I'm feeling sick already

2