Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want to prevent my weird mindset and my social skills to ruin my life, but How?

User Profile: lukas458
lukas458 September 3rd, 2020

Hey, i am around 7Cups for like a year and half. I have been struggling the whole time with my own mind playing tricks on me and giving me depression seasons and anxiety while i had great friends all along. I am kinda introverted but still can be seen as an extrovert sometimes, so i am not really good in staying connected with my friends. Over time i got better with talking and i aint nervous anymore as much as i used to but in school i am that type of guy who gets a bit anxious when everyone in class is talking with someone and so on while i am sitting with my bro behind table minding our own stuff or me watching videos etc. i used to think that others see us as weirdos but now i dont but it still creeps out, ik no one minds at all. I think i should rather embrace it and at those times rather read a book or watch movie fully without any thinking as its better than "forcefully" find someone to speak with, but on other hand i should be trying at some times but when i dont feel like it just do my own stuff.

I want to get rid of this thinking where i get always anxious cause of social stuff

I want to live like one planet without a need of 50 moons going around it to feel happy.

Any tips to overcome this thing? where i think weirdly of myself whenever a social situations dont go as planned, i am left out of conversations.... becouse of this i isolate myself from doing some things or interacting more from time to time...
If i go hang out with friends its great but it helps for like short-term and my thinking just comes right back.

I am scared that i will have this mindset together with unavailability to stay connected or know a lot about friends cause i am not type to text or call at all. In advance thank you all. I am 18 btw and i can not see myself going this way anymore

Also I have done a lot of progress and work out a lot and try to manage stuff better in order to be fully happy with myself while right now i am not. Thank you for listening and sorry if its too long

2
User Profile: rechnin
rechnin September 5th, 2020

@lukas458

I see a lot of me in what you ahve just said, problems at work and in the real world have no helped as I don't have access to the small 'trusted' group of friends I have around me and that has just made it worse.