I was fired from my job today and I'm scared
Hi everyone, I just need to be told that everything is going to be okay. I have terrible sleep habits and have overslept and been late for work on numerous occasions and knew I'd get fired if it happened again. Today when I woke up my alarm wasn't going off so my heart sank, I sat there for a minute to collect myself and check the time, it was 1 PM and I knew that was it. I emailed my work saying I know I won't be working there anymore and asked if I could put my 2 weeks in and leave mutually but they said no and to pick up my stuff. I'm okay with not working there anymore, I didn't like the job and wanted to leave anyways. But the thought of being fired from a super easy job because I can't keep my life in order is tough. And I still live with my mom and I'm terrified of telling her because I feel like I let her down. I actually put my work clothes on and moved my car so she thought I went to work today like normal. My friends are going to find out too because they know people that work there. One of them actually got me the job because his sister works there and I really feel like I let him down too. And now in general I'm just at a massive turning point in my life and I have to decide where to go. I'm 27, live with my mom, and have always had jobs that paid just enough to cover my expenses so I have no savings. I have a college degree in economics but for some reason the only jobs I've ever worked are jobs suited for people that don't require any skills like a working in a kitchen or this last one where I was essentially an errand boy for people with real jobs. Idk, I think when I have those jobs I get comfortable because I can cover my expenses and then just have no other responsibilities. I've begun rambling so I'll wrap things up. I just really need to get it off my chest that I got fired today and hear that everything's going to work out because as of now I'm pretty terrified of what the future holds.
Hay. Sometimes some fires are a blessing. May be this will help you to improve ur whole set of skills. Be positive
I hear you. I am sorry you’re feeling this way. You are still young, and as much as you think you’re “behind” in life compared to other people your age.. you aren’t. Society has a habit of setting rules for everything. When you think about it it’s all made up. It is never too late for you to change your course. You’re asking for help which is a big step. I agree with the previous comment— I think you should have faith in divine timing. Maybe there was a greater reason as to why you were fired. I’ve been fired too. You are more than you’re current situation. Take care
I've been fired before too, I know those feelings afterwards and they suck. You will get through it, the only way out of the feelings is through them. You say you wanted to leave, maybe use this as an opportunity to look for work that might be more meaningful to you. And if you can, talk to your mum - it might be helpful to vent and hopefully she will provide words of support.
I hear you! You are not alone! And the most important thing to know is: everything will work out! I have been fired from a lot of jobs due to insomnia and other mental illnesses! Please don’t hesitate to message me if you want to talk! You’re not alone! We are here for you!