Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uneasy in chest and stomach

User Profile: Flynnko543
Flynnko543 March 3rd, 2018

I always feel anxious when i have to go out somewhere or meet someone or when we have guests. My family cant understand this. It might be because I'm mostly at home. People makes me feel intimidated and overwhelmed. Due to this, i came out as rude and anti-social. I'm also very self conscious.

Tomorrow, I will be seeing my friends and I'm freaking out internally. What should i say? What if they asked questions that i don't want to answer? I already feel ashamed of myself that I've told them so many lies. It kills me every time i lie. I'm tired of acting fake in front of them. I want to have fun, talk and be free with them. But I'm afraid of showing them my weaknesses. We meet so rarely and i don't want to spoil that. I wait for the right time and place but that never come. Also i don't know how to tell them or if i should tell them. They are the only friends that I have.

6
User Profile: ThisIs543
ThisIs543 March 22nd, 2018

@Flynnko543 Hey - I'm sorry no one responded to this. How did that meeting go? How have other events been?

3 replies
User Profile: Flynnko543
Flynnko543 OP March 23rd, 2018

@ThisIs543 Hey! Nah, it's ok.

It wasn't great but i was glad meeting them after long time. But after they left, i was a bit upset. They kept talking about their stuff and useless things. There wasn't any kind of catching up. It just didn't feel productive.

2 replies
User Profile: ThisIs543
ThisIs543 March 23rd, 2018

@Flynnko543

1 reply
User Profile: ThisIs543
ThisIs543 March 23rd, 2018

Oops. I was saying that's hard. I'm the kind of person who wants to talk about things that matter, too.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: ContentnessIGuess
ContentnessIGuess March 26th, 2018

@Flynnko543

Im sorry to only hop on Thisbe thread now, but I just read this and had to say that a similar things happen to me. I tend to be just fine when Im alone and I dont mind social interactions. In fact I really like hanging out with my friends. Its just usually when I go to meet up with someone, I tend to get nervous. Its totally against my will too! I do nothing to trigger such bothersome feelings. I can have some symptoms such as: shaking, stomach knot, nausea, the sudden urge to pee.

Im very good at hiding these so as to not bother anyone with whatever problems Im having. As for my friends I think Im lucky enough that if I were to display a full on panic attack or breakdown, they wouldnt mind having to nurture me... I didnt really think anyone would have my back like that until I did start kind of losing my shet and I was given support.

from what I read it seems like you havent mentioned or told them about how anxious you can get. I think thats something you should do... it doesnt have to be all of them. Just pick one friend you trust the most and who you think would accept you the way you are. If you dont have friends like that then Im sorry. I know this would be hard , but there are many people out in the world and there must be one who wants to be there for you you.

1 reply
User Profile: Flynnko543
Flynnko543 OP May 3rd, 2018

@ContentnessIGuess

Why didn't I get a notification of this?

Anyway, just saw your post. For me, the problem is I'm too self-conscious. These last few years were bad for me and I've lost a lot of self confidence so I just start freaking out when I have to go out. I feel like a loser when I'm with my friends.

It's a good idea. I would feel more comfortable that way. I do have a friend in mind for that. Well, I'll just have to wait until we meet next time. I'll try. Thanks!

load more