Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What should I choose: carreer or staying with hubby in another country.

User Profile: Paul1989
Paul1989 January 27th, 2020

My husband moved to Singapore (Sg) from India few months back since he got a good job opportunity over there. I have a very nice job in India currently. I'm trying to find a job in Singapore in my field on dependent pass from India, but it's not workng out. Eventually I might leave my job in India and go to Sg without a job and then search over there, but it's a huge risk for my career to leave a great job in India, without having a job in Sg. Each day I go to work in India, it feels like I'm choosing between my work and my marriage. We're together since 7 years, married since 2 years, max we've stayed apart is two months, not sure how long I can stay apart, but then even not sure if it's worth the risk for my career. If someone has had a similar experience, their suggestions are welcome.

1
User Profile: Sealiously
Sealiously February 2nd, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through this dilemma.

In this situation I think the only person who can make the final decision is you, however I do understand that it's a complicated situation to be in so I can see why you're looking to hear from people that have had similar situations.

Now I can't say I have been involved in a similar situation because I haven't, but what I can say and promise is that I'll be here to support you through it if you need someone to talk to and I'm sure other members of the sub-forum will more than happily lend some support too! ❤️

I'm sure you will make the best decision for you whatever you choose - and remember that you can always drop me a message if you need a chat! 😀

@Paul1989