might possibly be triggering to many so.. uh this is a warning i guess
i honestly make so many stupid, trivial mistakes in my life so far but i feel like my curiosity takes me to places that id? prefer not to be in?
i guess its because my country (NZ) never get attacks like these - we had shootings at mosques (where we had so much victims and casualties), abandoned bombs and random fires in mormon churches all happening back to back. i suppose its because of such an interest around the shootings that got me curious to actually read and watch various news outlets, i couldnt let something this big happening to my country to pass by.
but this was such a bad mistake- the horror of what i saw on various clips of the livestream the shooter had put on the internet did a number on me. i knew it would but i just had to know that what was happening was true and not some dystopian alternate that i somehow dreamt off.
new zealand was supposed to be safe and away from the horrors of the world. id like to wish that all these horrible events, happening around the world, would stop but.. i dont really think its going to get much better?
@alexelle
because of the way we develop, our brains are hardwired to be much more affected by threatened danger than by the possibility of security.
There is nothing wrong with the idea of subscribing to positive news outlets only, and by giving yourself a news break, or just, say reading a roundup magazine so you don't feel isolated from it all.
Although at the moment I think some isolation might be what you need.What do you think?
@DavidEss Yes, it is. After hearing the same news being repeated days after the event, I decided to switch off the news outlets that I've been subscribed to- I basically ignored the media for a few. Decided to turn more onto school and my hobbies and found that I was positively more.. stable afterwards. So yes, isolation from negative things will always help.
@alexelle
Well done for that.
I find that monitoring tv viewing (no horror or thrillers) can help a lot too.