Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am deeply disappointed due to my social anxiety

User Profile: gregariousLake4824
gregariousLake4824 August 14th, 2021

I attended an event with my family today and seeing the severity of my social anxiety, I just broke down today. It was really disappointing when I couldn't vibe with anyone when guests arrived while even cousins younger than me were vibing together. I could only pretend getting along with others while pretending to smile, while my uncle mocked me loudly in front of everyone for my inability to smile properly and I felt even worse. I felt as if my real self is gone today. I couldn't even talk properly with people and felt like a broken toy today. Felt as if every thing I am doing is fake and I don't know a thing. I am already deeply heartbroken due to a romantic rejection from the past and the social anxiety makes me feel even more sure that I will never make a girlfriend. Not with a broken potential to vibe with people

3
User Profile: selfdisciplinedSea9546
selfdisciplinedSea9546 August 16th, 2021

@gregariousLake4824 I relate to all of what you wrote. Best wishes.

User Profile: oliveTurtle167
oliveTurtle167 August 17th, 2021

Sorry to hear this. That was unfair of your uncle to mock you, especially if he knew about your struggles with social anxiety. Don’t let this get to you OP. I too have days like this, but most importantly don’t dwell on it otherwise it will eat you up. Best of luck my friend ❤️