I stare at people and now they talk about me
I stare at people and now they talk about me wherever i go has this happened to anyone
Like on accident? Like you zone out and oops wrong direction...
Or like observing people? To understand them more?
I can't really help with either I guess but clarifying might be useful for others trying to help
@unassumingCity5934
Prolonged eye contact can make certain people uncomfortable, but only if it's non-intentional like it wasn't during a conversation. Other times it's polite to keep contact in conversations.
Ok so here goes....i was just hessitant in typing my story sorry for the delay
So when i was in college i used to not be that social always scared to talk...had social anxiety from long back.and i was in single room fo a long time....i felt very lonely and scared ..so that when it started i started staring at beautifull girls only stare..no smile..and i just wanted to talk to them but too scared....and i heard my neighbours talking abt me that i dont get out of my room so i dont have a girlfriend....i got paranoid i got to know they know about me i was staring at girls even more thinking il get a girlfriend but no....I was just too scared to approach ....and what happened was i paranoid and thought i should tell someone i told the wrong people i told those dumb neighbours and they told evryone in then dorm and and somehow eveyone nearby got to know i think that im acting wierd and they all talked abt me. ...and in all this i did weed ..i thought it would fix my situation .....but the weed combined with my paranoid mental state made me hit psychosis ...so i was in rehab for 1 year after coming back home
And then after comimg from rehab i did the same thing....i felt really lonely and wanted to het laid so bad.....i started staring at one hot mom im her kitchen from my bedroom and i think she told evryone in my aprtment and now again i feel the same ....and now everybody thinks i stare at girls so this is me
@unassumingCity5934
They probably feel uncomfortable feeling like they're being watched. I'm a girl and I know the feeling of being watched all too well. Have you considered that this is making them uncomfortable? How does that make you feel?
I recommend just making friends- not a girlfriend but real life friends for now. Go out to a pub or find a community event to attend, find someone to talk to and just have a conversation. Once you have more practice in casual social situations, not romantic, it'll help you get over your social anxiety and you'll be able to talk to women you're interested in much more casually rather than making them uncomfortable.