Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sharing Bipolar Diagnosis during Dating

Hi everyone,

I was only recently diagnosed with bipolar 2, about 2 months ago. I just started seeing someone and am planning my third date right now. I've not told anyone about my confirmed diagnosis in a way that shows I identify with it (and even those I've told only account for 2 people in my life).

I've heard that, in general, everyone has insecurities and it doesn't make sense to be particularly concerned or self conscious when approaching dating because regardless of its nature, everyone has things they're worried about sharing. But, now that I've gotten somewhat farther in my dating life and I haven't let the diagnosis stop me from going on dates, I'm wondering if anyone here more experienced has advice on when to talk about your bipolar with someone you're seeing. I should bring it up before declaring exclusivity, right?

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 3 days ago

@enthusiasticBlueberry7510

The time is right when you feel it is.

It's your story to tell.

Whenever you feel safe and comfortable 🩵

rB8swl8VAnOWRpOCwTVf.gif