Schizophrenia is affecting my work, everyday life, and even my relationships.
The day before yesterday I quit my job due to my schizophrenia. I was experiencing hallucinations at my workplace and I told my manager that I'd be comfortable coming back to work when I see a professional about my problem first.
None of my family believes that I have the condition and my psychiatrist has canceled 3 of my upcoming appointments. So I haven't been able to get refill on my medicine which I've not had for one month.
After quitting my job, I tried to talk to my partner about it, and about the hallucinations. He thinks I did the wrong thing quitting my job for that reason. I am truly at a loss.
@SamSSS
Hi, Sam,
I'm sorry to hear that your mental health has been impacting several areas of your life. It's tough when our providers and partners do not show up the way we need them to. For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing for yourself at the time. Do you have any peer support groups in your area? They may be able to connect you with additional resources.