Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Finding someone who can offer careers guidance in UK

HI,

I’m looking for another job. I have put together CV’s, and useful Star examples for any potential interview. I’ve also gained a professional certification.


I have tried to get help from the national careers service, but feel like their staff do not care. It’s really disheartening. I can’t get assistance from the job centre because I a not claiming benefits.


I’m doing my best, it’s not working, i would like to know if i am missing something. Can you think. Of anyone else i might be able to try.

4
User Profile: ScrabbleBrain
ScrabbleBrain May 31st

You're taking the right steps, there are recruitment agencies, social media postings and I googlied and saw this, hopefully an event will be local to you or a jobs fair.. I'm rooting for you :)

https://www.ukcareersfair.com/

2 replies

@ScrabbleBrain Thank-you.

1 reply
User Profile: ScrabbleBrain
ScrabbleBrain June 3rd

@resourcefulFriend2347 best of luck with it :)

load more
load more
User Profile: Andrew110
Andrew110 August 10th

@resourcefulFriend2347

Hi, I’m sorry you’ve been having such a frustrating experience. It sounds like you’ve actually put a lot of effort into this already — preparing your CV, building STAR examples, and even getting a professional certification — so I can understand why it’s disheartening when you still feel like you’re not getting anywhere.

I’m currently looking to connect with someone who is genuinely trying to find a new job or make a career change, and your post caught my attention.

I have a fairly strong technical and professional background, and I’ve been thinking about working closely with someone on the job-search process rather than just giving one-off advice. I may be able to help with things like reviewing applications, strengthening interview preparation, practicing answers, and working through parts of the process together.

I’d be happy to talk first and understand your situation before suggesting anything specific.

What kind of jobs are you currently trying to get into?