Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Love my job, but so unhappy.

User Profile: fairmindedAvocado3916
fairmindedAvocado3916 October 30th, 2025

I love the type of work I do but my satisfaction level has been declining for 1.5 years now. I don’t feel heard or a sense of autonomy to execute my responsibilities. My new manager seems to take liberties with my team instead of collaborating with me. And recently she did something she said she wouldn’t do and I found out. So, it’s left me further feeling unable to speak my mind or share in a safe space (when she says it is). Then, my skip level is hard to relate with. I think he’s petty at times or hones into the wrong thing. All he does is admonish.

I’m so frustrated. Any advice?

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 October 30th, 2025

@fairmindedAvocado3916

I'm sorry you are struggling so much.

It's rare that people are happy in their job, so I'm glad you atleast once were.

It's important to be assertive and communicate with your manager how you feel, respectfully but clearly, to see if you can work together and not against each other.

I genuinely hope that things will improve for you 💜 💕 

i-love-you-love-you.gif