Teaching in 2026
I became a paraeducator in 2022 and I really loved it. I ended up going back to school to pursue teaching.
I am now an interim teacher and I honestly feel like its the best job I have ever had. I have never felt like I could be 100 percent myself until I began this career path.
With that being said, I am exhausted all the time. I work with special needs kids and their lives bleed into my own so frequently. I am always thinking about them and the things they are going through.
The emotional weight the job puts on you is a lot and no one really shows you how to navigate or process it. There is also a physical demand as well. Many of these kids can be physically aggressive or just seek a lot of pressure. All day I am redirecting touch and hit and I understand it is their needs but that on top of lesson planning, teaching, meetings and making decisions all day just piles up.
Because I teach in special needs I also have to teach every grade, subject and standardized test criteria of the students in my classroom as well as social skill and iep goals.
I dont know how anyone expects teachers to do all of this during their shift. I stay after school and I plan on the weekends. I am also still in school and a parent / spouse.
Again, I don't want to sound ungrateful because I do love my job but its so much for one person to manage. I am just so tired and this is only my 3rd year.
@hellopenguin91
I appreciate the honesty .
And it's clear you care 💛
These kids are so lucky you have you.
Because in most cases they are written off and no one supports or advocates for them.
All you can ever do is your best and I think you are more than doing that 🩷

Teaching special needs is a tough career as a teacher. I knew someone who did one-on-one with special needs kids. He only did it for 3 school years, then when he got married, his wife's family wanted him to help with their company. So, he gave it up. He's the son of my mum's best friend. So I heard my mum say that even with one-on-one, it's tough.
You're doing great with a class, just take it one day at a time.
@hellopenguin91
You could try something different ai trading is a way to start making money without stress