Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What new language would you like to learn/you are learning..

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever April 7th, 2017

Hello,

Is there a language in your mind that you want to learn or you are learning.. Share with us! :)

753
User Profile: betweentheglades
betweentheglades May 13th, 2017

I'm trying to learn Kinyarwanda since I recently moved to Rwanda from the US! It's a tonal language and not on any language apps I could find so I'm dong my best to learn on my own--any tips for learning a new language are welcome!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP May 14th, 2017

@betweentheglades There are few sites on the net where you can find phrases for the Kinyarwanda languages. Just type 'Learn Kinyarwanda' on the search engine and there are few awesome tips there! Good luck... :)

load more
User Profile: Cat4624
Cat4624 May 17th, 2017

I am currently learning Korean and Italian. I want to learn Gean, Japanese, and Spanish.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP May 17th, 2017

@Cat4624 Good luck with your learning!

load more
May 21st, 2017

I am currently learning french in school and I really like it, though it's really difficult and I would like to be better at it.. I'd also really like to learn spanish!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP May 21st, 2017

@Leichenpudding yayieee! Good luck with that!! :)

load more
User Profile: DragonFaerie
DragonFaerie July 11th, 2017

I had started learning French and I'm hoping to get back to that. Then I want to learn Gaelic, Norwegian, Greek and Welsh would be my top choices, but it's gonna be a lot of work - LOL

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 12th, 2017

@DragonFaerie I know you can do it! Go ahead! :P :D

User Profile: rationalAvocado1883
rationalAvocado1883 April 18th, 2019

@DragonFaerie

User Profile: rationalAvocado1883
rationalAvocado1883 April 18th, 2019

@DragonFaerie

I want to learn Gaelic and Welsh too! I started Welsh a while ago but stopped, its a lovely language though

load more
User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 12th, 2017

I've always wanted to learn Spanish, and maybe French, but I'm learning some German words since my closest (online) friend is from Germany :)

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 12th, 2017

@KSWQueen Woohoo teach me some German too then! :P

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 12th, 2017

@YourFriendforever haha I've only learnt a couple simple words tbh, like 'thank you', 'ily', 'good morning/night'.

User Profile: piercetheaiden
piercetheaiden July 28th, 2017

@YourFriendforever

I am learning ASL and I kinda know some Spanish haha

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 28th, 2017

@piercethemandyy that's cool!

load more
load more
User Profile: Fulano
Fulano July 26th, 2017

@KSWQueen LOL! I speak Spanish (actually, it's my mother tongue :P) and French, but I'm awful whenever I try to express myself in English. I also would like to learn Romanian, Polish and some sign language :D. We could teach each other :P

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 27th, 2017

@Fulano OMG nice!! And yes I would love that haha. Wow, that's amazing though, i had a friend who was born in Poland, but we aren't close sooo..

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 2nd, 2018

@Fulano Great idea!

load more
User Profile: astray
astray July 31st, 2017

@KSWQueen Hallo, willkommen nach 7 Tassen! (just wanted so speak a little German)

I said Hello, welcome to 7 cups! smiley

the German language is a beautiful language as well my grandparents are from Germany and I want to visit there some day, I often only ever pass through to catch a flight when travelling, I love speaking German amongst my German family members. I want to learn Hebrew because my family is Jewish and a lot of them speak it but I don't so my brother has to translate for me a lot.

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen July 31st, 2017

@astray Hallo! Guten Tag! haha my very limited German vocab. But hello, nice to meet ya! Ooh same! I hope to go there soon to visit my friend, but still nothing planned yet. Ooh, that sounds pretty cool. My family only speaks dialects, Cantonese and Hokkien, which I can understand more than speak haha.

User Profile: astray
astray July 31st, 2017

@KSWQueen haha hello and good day to you too smiley

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen August 1st, 2017

@astray haha maybe you could teach me some german words too. i can't really offer to teach you anything but chinese, but again, I don't speak it as often now haha. might be a bit rusty 😅

User Profile: astray
astray August 2nd, 2017

@KSWQueen that would be great smiley

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen August 2nd, 2017

@astray where are you from though? (I'm from Singapore)

User Profile: astray
astray August 2nd, 2017

@KSWQueen England ☺

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen August 3rd, 2017

@astray ooh that's cool! I'm hoping to visit there someday soon hehe

User Profile: astray
astray August 27th, 2017

@KSWQueen oh I so hope you enjoy when you do

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen August 28th, 2017

@astray aw thank you, I think I would:)

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 2nd, 2018

That's fabulous on both counts! Yiddish is so interesting to me, too. So many words are really close to German words (it almost seems like the closest dialect would be Bavarian German )...and then written in the Hebrew alphabet.

What a rich and lovely heritage you have to draw on!😍💞👍🎉🎊

load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 2nd, 2018

@KSWQueen Nice! So great you have someone to practice with! You've given me a great idea for myself as well! Thanks!

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen February 27th, 2018

@SpruceRaven haha I don't really get to practice with her much because some of the words I'm learning are pretty random, but I'm learning a little more now. And I'm glad to be of help of some sorts haha :)

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 27th, 2018

@KSWQueen Sounds like a lovely connection you have with her.

User Profile: KSWQueen
KSWQueen March 4th, 2018

@SpruceRaven haha yeah, we became friends because of the same love for a band and she's now my closest online friend for about 5 years now:)

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven March 4th, 2018

@KSWQueen Marvelous!

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: fluffymonkey
fluffymonkey July 18th, 2017

I'm learning Korean. Don't make a lot of progess because I'm learning it by myself and I easily get distracted XD

User Profile: annab2417
annab2417 July 18th, 2017

@fluffymonkey Hello! I am also learning korean :D well, it is really hard to practice by your own 0.0

User Profile: fluffymonkey
fluffymonkey July 19th, 2017

@annab2417 I try to practice basic sentences and pronunciations with Siri. lol. might be a bit of a bad idea because she often responds with full speed. XD

User Profile: DragonFaerie
DragonFaerie July 19th, 2017

@fluffymonkey What a great idea!!! I might have to try that!

User Profile: fluffymonkey
fluffymonkey July 20th, 2017

@DragonFaerie it works well i would say XD in terms of checking your pronunciation but if you're a beginner in some languages speaking to Siri in sentence might be confusing because she is fast.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 19th, 2017

@fluffymonkey so do I! I get so easily distracted. XD. But anyway, wish you all the best.. :)

load more
User Profile: dansela
dansela July 19th, 2017

classic latin - I would like to become proficient in it and speak it with my daughers just so we can have our onw "screte language"

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 19th, 2017

@dansela hehe sounds like a great plan. XD :p

User Profile: astray
astray July 24th, 2017

@dansela I had to learn latin in uni, I really enjoyed learning it, I tend to speak it with my friend who knows it as well and a lot of people who don't know it often look at is in a bewildered manner, ha.

load more
User Profile: JegElskerDeg217
JegElskerDeg217 July 20th, 2017

Norwegian!!! It's so much fun to learns new language!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 21st, 2017

@JegElskerDeg217 true that! Learning languages just so much fun!

User Profile: DarkCoffee
DarkCoffee July 31st, 2017

@JegElskerDeg217

Hey,

I've veen learning Swedish:-) I can understand the meaning of your username, nice..

load more
User Profile: astray
astray July 24th, 2017

I want to learn Japanese and Mandarin Chinese

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 24th, 2017

@astray I know a bit of Mandarin Chinese though. :P Wish you luck!

User Profile: astray
astray July 30th, 2017

@YourFriendforever thank you! smiley

load more
load more
User Profile: rilakkuma1304
rilakkuma1304 July 24th, 2017

Learning Vietnamese for work! Gawd it's really tough though.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP July 24th, 2017

@rilakkuma1304 But I know you'll be able to learn it pretty soon! Good luck!

User Profile: rilakkuma1304
rilakkuma1304 July 24th, 2017

@YourFriendforever

Thank you so much!

load more
load more