Feelings
Hey guys. I'm new here and I wanted to find people I can talk to. I've recently noticed that I don't feel things anymore. I drink , i smoke I do everything and the only time I feel anything is when I'm intoxicated and I forget everything the next day. I'm in the prime of my life. When I think back to everything I've done recently I realise its been the best few months of my life but I just don't feel happy. I don't feel anything. Recently my ex girlfriend texted me (i went to therapy because of her) and I still didn't feel anything. I'm also suffering through crippling derealisation from the weed I smoke. I just wanted to put this out there. If you read this , thank you.
Could it be that the prolonged exposure to substances like these is affecting your ability to feel?
I don’t feel anything either. I do have highs and lows. But more lows than highs. I only feel when I drink as well, but I got drunk d r u n k on Friday and I felt great but only to realize I do not want to drink just to feel.
I think both of you are emotionally overwhelmed. The substances turn down temperature and you notice what is happening.
We often feel things when we move, moving meditation helps us connect with what is going on inside of us.
Loss of love and therapy equals huge emotional overwhelm. You won’t like this but I recommend talking to the doctor about vastly less harmful ways of dialling down emotions than binge drinking.
Platonic bro hugs