I’m tired of comparing my life to the lives my friends get to live
I feel really unhappy with the life I’m living right now, and a big part of it is where I live. I live in a country where I have very limited freedom and still depend heavily on my parents, so moving out, traveling, or simply making independent decisions about my life isn’t really an option for me.
Meanwhile, I have friends living in places like California and Miami, and I constantly compare my life to theirs. I see the freedom, opportunities, lifestyles, and independence they have, and I find myself wishing I had been born into their circumstances instead.
I know comparing myself to other people isn’t healthy, but it’s hard when the differences feel so real. I don’t just want a luxury life i want basic independence and the ability to make choices about where and how I live.
I guess I’m wondering how other people deal with feeling trapped by their circumstances and watching people they know live the life they wish they had.
@honestFan3420
That's very difficult.
It's hard to see others not having restrictions and or the money or freedom to do what they want
Your feelings are very understandable 💛

I think trying not to be on social media as much and trying to practice gratitude for the things that are in our own here and now can be good steps. That being said, I understand, it is hard, and I don't think it was ever meant to be this hard. You matter for who you are and you have value, don't judge your average days against their curated posts. ♥️
@honestFan3420I totally get why you feel that way,and it is completely valid.it is easy to look at others and feel left behind .But please remember,everyone is running their own race on a different timeline .You are doing great ,and your journey is unique to you.Be thankful,because we have things that others might only dream of😊
You're telling me. I come from a family of immigrants and don't have education, so we're always teeter tottering between bills. Meanwhile other people and the tourists I talk to on a daily basis are on about "their big expenses" or "vacation and trip around the world". Dude. I would just be happy if I could afford updating basic vaccines on my dogs. I earn 15 dollars an hr and in part time. I do not have anything in savings and my mental health is always weighting me down. I do not wanna hear about your wealth and privilege. I don't even have friends to hang out with, so even that makes me sad and envious.
@Hijinx02 thank you for showing up for @honestFan3420. It’s sometimes easy to assume that reminding someone about what they have should cheer them up. However, it might not be the case. Missing money for basics is a terrible situation. Feeling trapped is also.
@honestFan3420 any chance that the freedom to make those choices can become available in time?
Try to not get distracted with others’ lives. If it’s the main reason of how you feel, then it might be worth saying that: not everything is needed and some things can be waited for / worked for. It could be helpful to choose your goals. And really try to make them yours. Not borrowed from someone else’s picture because they looked nice there. I personally believe that the flashy stuff can’t beat genuine connections and having a purpose in your life. Things that pictures usually can’t capture or prove.