Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My friend who suffers from depression ghosted me just before our Christmas trip... Should I visit her home/work?

User Profile: liverton00
liverton00 December 28th, 2025

My friend of two years have been suffering from depression on and off (along with PTSD, ADHD, and Autism)... It had been getting worse for her since around 4 months ago. I encouraged her to get helped, drove her to take a medical test to diagnose her mental conditions, and she is scheduled to see her psychologist for treatments and prescriptions next month. 

We planned to spend Christmas together but she ghosted me since the 21st... I sent her several text... No replies. I did reach out to her coworkers and she has been going to work and seems ok.

I drop off her Christmas presents at her house and left. Respecting her silence and boundaries. 

But I am really getting worried... She has specifically expressed thoughts to self delete and kept saying her life is worthless and want to give up... 

Should I visit her at work/house even though she hasn't replied to me?

2
User Profile: Remina
Remina December 28th, 2025

@liverton00

If your friend has expressed suicidal thoughts and you are concerned, I think it would be a good idea to not only show up at her place but also call for a welfare check on your friend. 

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 December 28th, 2025

@liverton00

I would knock on her door, regardless, and make sure she came to the door, if only to make sure, she's safe 💚😊