Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling with parental pressure and controlling behaviour since childhood

Hi, I'm 17, turning 18 in 8 months, so I've been under parental pressure and controlling behaviour since childhood. I've been forced to do things that I didn't like and I was blackmailed by my parents that I'm gonna lose my belongings. And now I'm using this phone to find emotional support and they keep threatening to take away my phone whenever I don't listen to them. And I just keep taking this stress everyday and the back of my head hurts. I wish I had different people in life. Sometimes I try to speak up but they just see it as offensive against them. They just put me under pressure and blame me for everything I don't want to do or I can't do. Hoping to find help. Thank you.

10
User Profile: Minimum00
Minimum00 June 5th

@Freedomseeker5762 "And now I'm using this phone to find emotional support, and they keep threatening to take away my phone whenever I don't listen to them." It really hurts when they have a good child but don't believe them. Hugs you

sad-cry.gif

1 reply
User Profile: Freedomseeker5762
Freedomseeker5762 OP June 5th

Thank you ð¥º

load more
User Profile: pinkCherry1616
pinkCherry1616 June 5th

One day you will be able to leave. I hope that goal can keep you going and getting ready for that.

Hugs if ok 🫂

2 replies
User Profile: Freedomseeker5762
Freedomseeker5762 OP June 6th

Thank you 🥺🫂

1 reply
User Profile: pinkCherry1616
pinkCherry1616 July 9th

How are you doing?

load more
load more
User Profile: pinkCherry1616
pinkCherry1616 June 5th

One day you will be able to leave. I hope that goal can keep you going and getting ready for that.

Hugs if ok 🫂

User Profile: ThatDoraemon
ThatDoraemon June 6th

Lowk relatable. Bro it's really hard, that pressure is super overwhelming, just accept it for now, you can be the change for the next, just don't do it to your own people and your own children if you ever have any, be the change you wish you saw in others. You can do it bro! Hope you get out of depression and become a happy person!!!!!!! Rooting for you, find a purpose in life and live for it!

User Profile: raphael86
raphael86 June 13th

@Freedomseeker5762 hey 💙 that sounds so hard

I'm here if you ever want to talk to someone 💙 and I'm sure any other listener would love to help too

You'll get out of this one day 💙 please don't give up

User Profile: Leelessliz
Leelessliz July 9th

Hey!

Reading this is like Déjà vu for me. I went through that too and is something that really will have an impact in your life but my advice is to work hard to get better place and don’t blame yourself or your family because maybe they also went through that … it will get better I promise

User Profile: Leelessliz
Leelessliz July 9th

Hey!

Reading this is like Déjà vu for me. I went through that too and is something that really will have an impact in your life but my advice is to work hard to get better place and don’t blame yourself or your family because maybe they also went through that … it will get better I promise