Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uh-Oh, You are Overthinking again. What to do about it. MUST READ!

Justmeforyou April 15th, 2023

I know how easy it can be to get lost in your own thoughts, especially when you have too much time on your hands. But as someone who has struggled with overthinking myself, I want you to know that it can be incredibly harmful to your mental health.

When we overthink, we tend to focus on worst-case scenarios and dwell on negative thoughts. This can lead to feelings of anxiety, stress, and even depression. It's easy to get stuck in a cycle of rumination, where we replay the same thoughts over and over again without finding a resolution.

I know it's easier said than done, but it's important to try and break this cycle of overthinking. One way to do this is to keep yourself busy with activities that you enjoy, whether that's reading, writing, or spending time with loved ones. Engaging in activities that bring you joy can help shift your focus away from negative thoughts.

Another helpful practice is mindfulness meditation. This involves focusing on the present moment and observing your thoughts without judgment. It can be a great way to train your mind to let go of negative thoughts and stay in the present moment.

Above all, I want you to know that you're not alone in this. Overthinking is something that many people struggle with, and it's important to remember that it's a habit that can be broken. Be kind to yourself, and remember that it's okay to ask for help if you need it.

Take care of yourself, and I hope this letter has been helpful.

Sincerely,

JustMeForYou

innateJoy9602 April 16th, 2023

@Justmeforyou

Distractions work best for me when it comes to overthinking.

I've found reading gets me so pulled into the story that I don't have time for ruminating! 💜