Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One word to describe how I feel today is....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 27th, 2018

One word to describe how I feel today is....



You can also join us in: Depression Group Support Chat here

6448
User Profile: Server8462
Server8462 June 4th, 2019

Miserable

User Profile: Butterflee
Butterflee June 4th, 2019

Just like the weather...grey...

User Profile: Graciemay122705
Graciemay122705 June 4th, 2019

Empty

User Profile: gene2017
gene2017 June 4th, 2019

Numb

User Profile: easyHuman5217
easyHuman5217 June 4th, 2019

Miserable

User Profile: Butterflee
Butterflee June 4th, 2019

Missing my love...so much...

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF June 8th, 2019

Conflicted

I'm conflicted in my emotional state where this person that I met at a job is concerned. This person is the first in my life of which I've truly felt a connection unlike any other in the past in regards to relatability. There are so many things that they speak about regarding their feelings and situations that they're dealing with in addition to personal interests that baffles me as it is nearly identical to my own. So, where does the conflicted emotions come in? At the moment, this person has been what I guess people with more experience and knowledge in the social world would call "that cool co-worker that I like to chat with or hang out with at work" which is indeed cool. And hey, if that's all that ends up being then I should be fine with that 100%.

The thing is...there's this nagging feeling within myself that I simply cannot ignore that pulls me closer to something a bit, shall we say, closer to her. I have a tiny feeling that perhaps she may feel the same (guess I spoiled the gender there lol), but she's never really made it completely apparent and I don't want to misinterpret and mess up something special in a cool friendship. There's also the feeling that perhaps we met because, due to her personal issues and how much I feel I can relate, maybe we were meant to help one another (which would also be awesome).

Point is, as absolutely insane as it sounds, and trust me and I know it does on the surface, there's this lingering feeling that I ran into her for a special reason. Whether it's for us to support or connect to one another in a way that no one else can at the moment or something else perhaps more intimate (but this 2nd option is too risky to think about for obvious reasons so I fear even considering it despite how I may feel). Keep in mind that I have little to no experience in the social world (meeting new people and having some type of relationship that goes beyond just say "hey" to another), so I'm a bit conflicted in my thoughts towards her.

....thanks for reading my long winded answer

User Profile: Anonymouse12345
Anonymouse12345 June 8th, 2019

Destroyed.

I had a male friend (I'm female). I've known him for 11 years. We have always kind of had feelings for each other (each didn't know the other had these feelings) but he was already in a relationship when we met at work.

I've been through a lot this past year and a bit; he's been there for me and we ended up talking a lot more than usual. His girlfriend, who I know has "rights" to him, has not liked this and it caused their home life to deteriorate, but I didn't know how badly until last week when he sent me a blunt message saying that we needed to stop messaging in order to preserve the friendship because things had gotten extremely bad at home because of it

We still sent silly FB pokes and said good mornings but that was it; however, his GF changed her relationship status to "single" on Monday and his changed to "single" yesterday. He hasn't talked to me in a couple days and I'm devastated both for my own selfish reasons because I miss my friend, and because I had a hand in their breakup and therefore in his pain. (Their relationship wasn't good, she was abusive and he's better off but he's so beaten down self-esteem and depression-wise that he can't see that). I'm afraid that he blames me and I'll never have my friend back.

I'm also aware that it's ridiculous to be sitting here bawling my eyes out over a man I've never dated but I am. He always just made me feel better even by just being around me and I'm missing that so much.

User Profile: dancinggirl2
dancinggirl2 June 8th, 2019

Feeling off

User Profile: bgdave
bgdave June 8th, 2019

Handicapped