Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't want to die but want to stop existing.

User Profile: NotEnough
NotEnough October 17th, 2014

Am I the only one who feels this way? I don't want to die; I'm scared of death. And I don't want people to be affected by it. But I want to stop existing at least for some time - for that time it is as if I was never born.I wish there was a switch I can control any time. At the same time, I want to still 'live'. I want to see the world as a ghost or some sort. Weird, huh?

64
User Profile: AJDJ73027302
AJDJ73027302 March 31st, 2015

I feel the same way. I have attempted suicide just when I went to it I just couldnt. Sadly I dont want to deal with life I just want to.. see the world still have a good part in life. I want to have a good time, not deal with the bad... :,(

~AJDJ

User Profile: gentleWater6508
gentleWater6508 April 3rd, 2015

It's how I feel daily. Some days I wish I wasn't born so I wouldn't have to suffer through this anymore, but because I am alive, I feel inclined to stay for people ( and my pets ) who care for me. I feel kind of tied down in that regard. I mean I'm kind of happy to say that yes these people would come to my grave, throw my soul back in my body and ask why in the heck did I do that.

At the same time though, when the thoughts are the worst, I wish I could simply get up and walk out of the front door, never looking back. I'd live in the forest alone, and as you put it, like a ghost. I'd be there, but not involved.

User Profile: LonelyLake
LonelyLake April 3rd, 2015

That feeling you have is a normal simptom of depression. You want it all to end but your survival instinct still works propertly. Stay strong and fight to be happy!

User Profile: mandipandii92
mandipandii92 April 6th, 2015

That is exactly how I feel right now. Though I have attempted to harm myself in the past I am aware that I do not want to die in a literal sense but rather to be free from all of the emotional pain that plagues me.

1 reply
User Profile: LonelyLake
LonelyLake April 6th, 2015

It'll go away someday!

load more
User Profile: readysetgo48
readysetgo48 December 6th, 2016

@NotEnough i feel the same way. a lot. i completely understand how you feel fam

User Profile: KickingItAtSeaLevel
KickingItAtSeaLevel December 20th, 2016

@NotEnough I sometimes get the same thing. I just wish that if I start getting low I could turn myself off so I wouldn't have to deal with thoughts that hurt. If I'm in a bad place I often want to avoid all responsibility and those who only know me as happy and carefree - an image i work hard to maintain.

User Profile: LittleClover8610
LittleClover8610 February 2nd, 2018

I'm not suicidal, I'm not in any danger of wanting to end my life in any form.

But I'm just too weary and have had enough of life. I would embrace death if it finds me this second, I won't fight it.

I've seen the world, I felt the world, I've experienced life, and I've had enough.

Nothing will change in the future for me even if death finds me decades after I write this- I have nothing worth fighting for.

So, really- I'm just ranting about it. Somewhere out there there are people suffering mroe than me, I know, enduring more than me, yadda yadda- they can have my life if they want to. They probably deserve mroe to live than me anyway, considering.

Many people cite family, friends, yadda yadda, well I came from a messed up family with lots of greeds about life- and I guess thanks to that I've become the one who's had enough of it. In fact, I'm super done with everything. I guess I luck out being the least greedy one about living- or eking out the good parts.

Sometimes I wonder if this is how very old people feel when they say they have had enough and ready to go anytime, anywhere their time is up. While I'm not old enough, I'm wise enough to see slim chance of there's anything that will change in my life, and there's nothing worth staying for in the long run.

I guess this is my honest feeling about my own life. I'm not suicidal, again- I'm not going to end my life intentionally. But- I just want to embrace death- and I wish it'd come sooner than later.

User Profile: SadandAlone33
SadandAlone33 February 2nd, 2018

I have felt the same exact way, Ive wanted to die, but I cant believe that the broken me is what everyone will remember and I cannot do that to my daughter or my wife. I sometimes feel like that what everyone wants, for me to just hurry up and die.. and I wont be a burden anymore, but no one is going to pull me out of that want, except believe it or not but God . He just needs for me to turn to him and he is always there. Patiently and lovingly waiting for me... and sometimes I just want to scream. But just yesterday, I was in the depths of my self hate, and I realized I needed him... that he was the answer in everything. Im trying my best to completely turn to him and finally make it out of this nightmare, but even just a little turn to him and he started blessing me... the possibilities are endless with him, and all the answers are there with him... so Im going to go for it, I need him, so before I lose my soul and my life and all I could possibly be, Im going to have just a bit of faith... we know pain and suffering, lets try infinite love...

User Profile: OptimisticBirch
OptimisticBirch February 2nd, 2018

The thread is made 3years ago. I hope the thread owner no longer feel this way..

But I feel that way too though, that I don't want to exist because of a lot of reasons but I am afraid to die either. I have thought of hurting myself but I cannot do it because I don't want to feel how much it hurts. I always thought of running away and disappearing somewhere where I can just "stop existing" in a while and come back to my normal life after the feelings subsides. I really want to make myself relieved of whatver I am currently experiencing by stopping to exist for a while..

User Profile: 312Banana
312Banana February 2nd, 2018

I have the same problem, I want to escape the box called life I am stuck, in but I don't want to hurt my family and friends.