alone in a new city - deserted by best friend - struggling to stay positive
hello,
I am a young, college-aged male living in a brand new city after dropping out of school to chase down a life that I want more than anything. I decided to move to this new town when an old friend of mine, one of whom I think very very highly of, offered me a place at his apartment when he heard I wasn't happy with my studies in college. In a matter of days we started making music together and since that point (a few months ago) have seen tremendous success by music business standards.I feel very gratified in the fact that I now do what I love for a living (albeit sparce at times)
Prior to the move, my friend and his long time first girlfriend had broken up and he was quite a mess. Right before I moved in, after a summer long separation they decided to get back together. She was also moving into town but I was promised that our place would stay relatively "ours" - that their relationship would not interfere with our music or friendship. I am not naive to the fact that I knew she was going to eventually "move in" - I have promised similar things to friends in past relationships. But at this point, their relationship is kind of scaring me. She is very mentally unstable, she struggles heavily with being a college freshman, bipolarity and eating disorders and I have to imagine that if he was not around she very well may not be alive. She depends 100% on him for he well being. And he gladly accepts the responsibility at the cost of his grades, friends and time spent working in the studio with me. They are never apart - I haven't hung out solo with him since before she moved in. I am taking on a massive load of work for our music, but that's not really why I am so sad - I just fucking miss my friend. All my other friends in the city live 30+ minsaway and my social circle is not large... and for me trying to make friends/romantic acquaintences has been impossible as of late. Which brings me to problem number 2...
As a 21 year old I have 0 (I mean 0) libido. I have not had, let alone desired sex in several months. This is taking a massive mental toll on me. The opportunites have arisen several times, but I am never even close to being in the mood. I have had one serious relationship that ended in infidelity, and since then have not been able to "rebound." Not that I miss her even at all (I really mean that), I just haven't been interested once. I have had blood work done, to no low T counts or anything unusual. I just want to feel happy and confident again so I can go out and enjoy meeting women/new people/new experiences without the worry of coming off cold or disiniterested.
Thank You for reading if you've taken the time. It really does mean a lot.
A key thing that I learned when I was younger was that I had to be happy being myself before I could be happy with other people. Take a walk, breath some fresh air, take the city in. Treat yourself right. When you are happy, other people will take notice and be happier around you.