Cptsd survivor experiencing severe depression due to an injury
Hi my name is Sofia, 29. Was diagnosed with cptsd/codependency in 2019 and have been in therapy since. I had a tough childhood with a very abusive father and due to my family's status as diplomats I could not reach out to anyone and just had to move every 6-3 years. I have grown a lot since therapy worked on my anxiety and I'm very social (as my therapist likes to say) for someone with such trauma. I moved to a new country, Portugal this year and made friends fast. This was it, I did it. I escaped my past and started a new life. But I broke my ankle and had to have surgery and now in physiotherapy for the next 2 months. I had to move flats and rely on my mother again for financial support. I feel like I failed myself and not being able to engage in my addictive behaviours (partying, sex, running, constantly finding the new 'high') has made me fall into a huge depression, the negative voices of 'you are just a piece of shit' are incessant. As a result of not being able to go out and have a job I gained 7kg and can't stop ordering in food just to keep the feeling of empoitness loneliness and self loathing at bay. I hope someone here understands this feeling and can relate and can give me advice . In society I'm pretty 'happy', the fun party girl who is always joking, laughing and smiling. I feel like if I told anyone irl my struggles they would not accept me anymore
@warrior92
hi Sofia, it appears youre having a lot of challenges since a long time and have felt sever trauma because of everything. I can only imagine how hard it would be for you 😕 it is difficult to realise that everyone is almost just pretending mostly , I don't really think anyone is ever doing good " 24*7 " , it is worrisome but I hope someday the voices in your head are silenced. You are not a piece of shit , you're a human with feelings , sufferings , and emotions and so you're allowed to feel what you do and you shall always be accepted for how you are and who you are.
I hope you find some supportive people who assure you that you are good human and your feelings are valid. Till then , those who make you feel unsafe and where you cant be yourself ...they are perhaps not "your " people. Hugs ❤