Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lighter periods related to low food intake?

User Profile: ErinNeedsFood
ErinNeedsFood May 26th, 2021

So I haven't been eating great for a while now. I always skip lunch and try to eat as little as possible in general. For the past 4 months, I have had super light periods, much lighter than my normal super heavy ones. I think it's related to being underweight but idk what to do, it scares me, because my body is feeling it. However at the same time it kinda fuels that part of my brain which is like "no food no food no food" because it means it's made a difference. Anyway I was just wondering whether anyone has experienced either light or complete loss of their period and what to do about it. Do I need serious help? I still haven't admitted that to myself or talked to anyone so.... please help

4
User Profile: ErinNeedsFood
ErinNeedsFood OP May 26th, 2021

I'm so sorry I wrote this in the wrong place and idk how to delete it

User Profile: TheMadHatterWasHere
TheMadHatterWasHere May 26th, 2021

@ErinNeedsFood To answer your questions: yes that can be related. I don't perse get lighter periods. Or well, a little but my cramps get worse, when I don't eat much as I do right now for example.

And if you are underweight and eat very little, then you need help. If you are indifferent about if you need help, you do need it :)

User Profile: TaranWanderer
TaranWanderer May 26th, 2021

@ErinNeedsFood irregular periods can be a common symptom of disordered eating, more specifically, of your body not functioning as properly as it should. Eventually it could lead to amenorrhea, where it stops completely, which is not a good thing. You deserve to reach out for support and see someone about your worries. It's always hard to admit things to ourselves, and even harder to say it to others, but, you matter and your health matters

1 reply
User Profile: ErinNeedsFood
ErinNeedsFood OP May 27th, 2021

thank you

load more