Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i feel like because of my weight and the fact I do eat means I don’t have an eating disorder

User Profile: br1e222
br1e222 April 16th, 2022

TW



i feel like because of my weight and the fact I do eat means I don’t have an eating disorder,like sure I skip most my meals i count calories in my head but I’ve never been hospitalized im no where near underweight and I just overall don’t feel valid and I have no one to talk to about this :(

3
User Profile: coconutblues
coconutblues April 16th, 2022

You're valid. You're eating disorder is real and all the world wind of feelings it causes you is real.


I've felt like my eating disorder was fraudulent for years, but I realize now that all the pain it has caused can't be from an eating disorder I've faked. I believe feeling invalid with our eating disorder is a common trait of ed sufferers. I've also never have been hospitalized or even been honest about this to a therapist.


You don't need to be underweight to have an eating disorder. Weight lose is one symptom of an ed, not the qualifying characteristic. You can be maintaining/gaining/losing weight and have an ed.


I'm feeling really alone with my ed too. I'm glad you reached out here.

User Profile: peacelove777
peacelove777 June 21st, 2022

their are different types of EDs. Anorexia is the only one characterized by a low body weight. If you have the symptoms of anorexia without the low body weight then you would be diagnosed with EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified) your struggles are real and they have a name. you are not the only one.

User Profile: GrapePuffer
GrapePuffer July 27th, 2022

Talk to me ! I’m dealing with the same thing