Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

30 years of rocky road with parents ending.

User Profile: Bingata
Bingata October 27th, 2021

A new friend finally convinced me to get out.


I have been living with them off and on for the past 4 years, following an absolutely terrifying breakup.


I liken the last 4 years to swimming in a pool with a terrible lifeguard - they watched me flounder and flail until I went under, then swooped in to save me and called themselves heroes.


I will be going back to their house with my friend this evening to pack my stuff.


1
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws October 29th, 2021

@Bingata

I am sorry to hear your parents were supportive of you after a horrible breakup. It sounds like the breakup was traumatic for you and going back to your parents' home wasn't an ideal choice. Perhaps maybe the only option available at the time. It wasn't fair for them to watch you struggle without giving you the support you needed until the last second. I imagine it's hard for you, emotionally, that they are acting like the heroes. It sounds like your friend's words really touched your heart. How are you feeling about leaving their home? How did it go when you packed your things and left?