Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does it help to out a narcissist ?

User Profile: quickwittedWillow6742
quickwittedWillow6742 June 6th, 2025

My step son’s dad has been causing trouble with us for years. He had abandoned them when the kid was little, and came back wanting to be involved (conveniently when I started dating her). Sending aggressive messages all the time, said Im in his way of winning her back (she definitely doesn’t want that). General sh*t like that. Posting insane and hurtful things toward us online. He was calm for a while, but has started up again. They’re currently in court for visitation rights. We’re really tempted to turn the tables and post screenshots of his insanity on social media. Don’t want to stoop to his level and don’t want to hurt the court case for us. 

1
User Profile: Always25
Always25 June 7th, 2025

@quickwittedWillow6742

Eexposing a narcissist can be very difficult and can cause alot of wider reaching issues and effect you further down the road. However I wouldn't discourage you from following the road but be aware that by exposing them they could do you more harm, make your life more difficult or worse try and get you into trouble. 

I would think about what you would want to do and what exposing them would look like? 

I find that going no-contact or low contact works best for these situations, but you would need to decide that for yourself