Don’t like my sister boyfriend
Hi guys,
My sister boyfriend was out co worker and he did not like her at the beginning, he has never dated before and when he finally go into a relationship with a girl the girl dumped him. They dated for a week. I’m sister hasn’t dated anyone for two years but now he likes our friend and we’ll he likes her too. I tried to talk to my sister that maybe she’s ready for a relationship but he’s not. I don’t want her to be a rebound, she argues that it dosent count cuz they dated for 1 week. She thinks he’s good for her because he has no dating experience and he’s good hearted. However, we just know this guy for 4 months and does come with bagged. I don’t want her to get hurt like her previous relationship where she developed depression. I tried talking to her that in my opinion he’s not the right guy right now but she won’t listen. It hurts my heart that I don’t want her to get hurt and maybe he’s won’t do her dirty. I feel like she’s distancing from her family and choosing her boyfriend. It breaks my heart. At the same time I want her to be happy.
@enthusiasticPeach3686
It sounds like you care deeply for your sister, and you want to protect her from having her heart broken by this man. It's hard to know all of the details of his prior relationship or his sincerity regarding your sister and her feelings. Based on what you've said, it seems you sister has her mind made up about wanting to pursue a relationship with him. There may not be much you can do to change her mind, no matter what advice you've given her. I understand how frustrating it can be to have your concerns dismissed by her. It sounds like it's causing you a lot of pain, stress and worry. It sounds like you really have her best interests in your heart. It also sounds like you will be there to support her no matter what becomes of this relationship.