Emcouraging positive mood
I care for my hubby and it has been a long, rough path. How can I remain upbeat so that he is happy? With his health problems he can get moody and sometimes it is really disheartening. Most of the time, I enjoy helping because I want to help him and support him. But I have days where I feel overwhelmed or sad, too.
often it can be the case that caregivers need support as a result of the caregiving. Sometimes we have to put on our own oxygen mask first so that we’re better able to help others. Here for ya, Wendy :)
@BookishWendy I find listening to music when, I am down, helps me a lot. You might want to give that a try. Also, I do some mindfulness and meditation. You might want to give that a try as well. Also, see if there is a local support group, in your area. I hope this is helpful to you. 7cups used to have, a support room dedicated to Parents and Family and Caregivers, but sadly, it is no more. Due to a lack of leadership, it is no longer opened. The leadership, who use to run it, left. Hopefully, it will reopen, but I am not sure when or what the plan is for that support room. 7cups does have other support rooms. Two rooms that you might want to try are the General Support Room and the 24/7 Support Room, both are dedicated to giving and offering support. Here is the link to the chatrooms: 7cups.com/connect/Chatrooms.php I hope this helps some. I hope things get better for you and your husband. Please take really good care of yourself.