Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Enlightenment

User Profile: TheJenInBlack
TheJenInBlack July 4th, 2021

I think I’m seeing clearer than I ever have before. Thanks to this app and chatting with good people here, I’ve realized that I’ve been raised to be codependent. Now, I have always thought of myself as a very independent person, but whenever I would do something on my own or wanted to, my parents ultimately interfered. I think this has impacted me in too many ways. I feel confident in placing blame on them because I have always been pressured, especially as an only child, to report to them in whatever I’m doing. It’s actually ridiculous. My mom is OCD (undiagnosed) and she has social anxiety. Oh and she’s had an eating disorder in the past. Not that she’s admit it. And my dad is great, supportive, but he is passive aggressive at times. And he always wanted to interfere in my life...I wanted to do things myself. These last couple of days have shown me the lack of trust I have for them. I finally figured it out. It isn’t me I don’t trust. It’s them. All this time I thought I was doing everything wrong. No...my codependency comes from my upbringing. Now I just have to help myself get better. It has effected all my relationships but I’ve only had one serious one. It’s not too late. Thank god.

2
User Profile: brightLand6607
brightLand6607 July 4th, 2021

I relate to this! I applaud your breakthrough and wish you strength, peace and good vibes for your life going forth. ✌️🙂

User Profile: littleTalker7635
littleTalker7635 July 5th, 2021

I read a book called “ Codependent No More”. It was a life changer! Good luck and God bless you!